Filed under: Purple Snow
Only after we started receiving proofs for Purple Snow did we have the luxury of relishing the book’s more curious compositional elements. Here were just a few of our favorite oddities and perplexities imbedded within the mighty volume that accompanies this delightful release.
Amongst the mixed currency, tobacco, and firearms in this photo is a mini-moai.
2. All of these bills are face down
Historically, ballers/shot callers most often face their bills up for photo ops.
3. This person is flicking the camera off (intentionally or unintentionally).
5. Wesley Alexander is holding two saxophones
6. Gary McCray took his suit off before this photo was taken.
“It’s so embarrassing,” McCray maintains to this day. As legend has it, the band had already began changing out of their suits when the photographer requested one more shot of the group. McCray didn’t feel like changing back into his suit, and somehow, that final shot was the photo used. Everett “Jawanza” Pettiford was wearing his work boots, which is why his footwear is obscured thusly.
7. Grand Central’s initials in electrical tape on Morris Day’s toms
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment